Face of the day!


Quick post sharing products used for this make up look or FOTD (face of the day- I don't know if that's an actual tag...oh well). Simple base with a cat flick eye and a bold red/orange lip. I also fancied a change so opted for a centre parting, I’m not too sure if I like seeing so much forehead!

Tshirt- Primark.
Lipstick- Mac ‘Neon Orange’.


I’ve been using the Maybelline fit me foundation a lot recently as its quite sheer so makes my skin look hydrated in these colder month, however I find it to have light coverage so doesn’t really hide imperfections. I use my Mac highlighter pen to cover dark spots over the top and it is really good at brightening those darker areas, it’s meant to be the MAC version of touché eclat by YSL and I do really like it, just pat into the skin for a brightening effect. Fix the base using MAC fix+ spray, I really like this product for setting my make-up and find it more hydrating than my urban decay de-slick (well duhhhhh that's for mattefying  Rachael!), so Mac fix+ is good for a hydrating dewy look, and urban decay de-slick spray is good for making the skin look less oily.

For those who can’t justify getting an urban decay naked palette I would really recommend getting the basics one as not a day goes by that I don’t use it, even if it’s just like in this case where I use the white to highlight the tear ducts, brow bones, and cupids bow of the lips.

Another hit is MUA, I love this brand, their blushes are amazing and cost between £1-£3. This cream blush goes onto the skin flawlessly using a stippling brush and gives an air brushed colour effect. I think what impresses me the most is how it blends so easily onto the skin without shifting your foundation round your face.

Last but not least, this mac Neon orange lipstick is one of my all-time favourites. I love red lipsticks and this one is so bright with its orange undertones, I think it’s less sultry than a pure red lip and really brightens up your make-up. It also compliments my peaches and cream statement necklace nicely. It’s all about the co-ordination. I don't think they do it any more as it was part of their summer orange range, however this one is similar in the pro-long wear lip range called 'good to go' (here).

What do people think of this simple make up look? Let me know below :)

Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. I love the lipstick! It looks amazing on you!

    Eden xx edenroses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Just looked at your blog, it's really nice, I like the range of stuff you post about.

      xx

      Delete
  2. Love the look! So cool!
    Maybe we can follow each other!

    New post: http://mis360grados.blogspot.com.es/2014/03/what-inspire-you.html

    ReplyDelete

Latest pins