Today's make-up





Here is a quick post to share today’s make-up look with you. Unfortunately my camera is broken, as is my iPhone so I apologise for the photo quality.

For base I used Laura Mercier foundation primer (here-£29). I finished the tube and I am on the look out for a good primer for make-up longevity  so if people have any recommendations please comment below. My go to foundation at the moment is the Loreal Infallible 24hr matte (here- £7.99), I am on my 3rd tube and it give great medium to full coverage with a matte texture. It isn’t chalky like some matte foundations and I find it applies best with a damp beauty blender.

For concealer I have been reaching for the Maybelline instant anti-age eraser eye (here-£7.99), it has a high coverage but is easy to blend. I have the shade light to brighten my under eye area and the colour has yellow undertones which really diminishes any dark circles. I find it really similar to the mac prep and prime ‘light boost’ (here-£19.00) but with a bit more coverage and only slightly less brightening.

For my brows I use the collection 2000 brow palette(here-£3.99) using the mid-brown ash shade and then set with Benefit gimme brow (here-£19.50). The gel in the collection palette is okay however it can sometime be a bit gloopy and leave my eyebrows looking wet.

Using the naked 3 palette (here- £38) I highlighted the inner corner using ‘strange’, used ‘burn out’ on the lid and ‘trick’ in the crease. I keep nearly buying the new naked smokey palette (here-£38), to the point where I have had it in my hands and I am on my way to the till, but I just keep talking myself out of it as I’m pretty sure I own similar shades in my Naked 1 (here-£38), 3 and Vice palettes. If they do a Naked Copper palette I would be all over that.

I then applied 3 coats of roller lash by Benefit (here-£19.50), doing my eye liner with the maybelline lasting drama eyeliner(here-£8.99) between coats. It is a mechanical gel eyeliner so no need for a gel pot and brush. I previously had the benefit they're real gel liner (here-£18.50)and I would say this maybe line one is exactly the same but with a smaller price tag. I do find you can only do thicker flicks due to the nib however it does last all day.

For contour I used the AOM  cream contour stick in dark (here- £18), applying it under the cheek bones and blending it up into the hair line using my illamasqua blush up brush(here-£29). This provide a dark ashy contour which can look hard after initially blended out but one the blusher is applied on top it softens it out. 


For highlight i used the revolution highlight palette(Here for £8.00)which consists of a gold pearl, rose gold and purple iridescent highlight. The colour pay of is great and this is such a good drug store high lighter palette. For this look I used the rose shade on the top of my cheek bones, tip of the nose, middle forehead and brow bones. Photos cant capture how intense this highlight is, and it looks so pretty blended with the blush. You know you have a good highlight when your boyfriend comments on how glowy your face is! I use all three shades and when my mac soft and gentle (here- £24) highlighter ran out I cant say I have missed it thanks to this. I really want to try the Becca ‘Champagne pop’ highlighter by Jaclyn Hill (here- $38), if only I didn't begrudge paying import fees!



For blush I used ‘Juicy apricot’ from my revolution palette which is a light orange colour gives some brightness to the cheeks. This palette was ordered of the website and each pan was £3 at the time and all the colours in the palette are customisable. They have great pigmentation and I reach for this palette more than my mac,benefit and illamasqua blushes. They no longer do these pallets however the brand is owned by MUA cosmetics who's blushes I also have which are the same formulation and colours (here-£1.00).

On my lips I put mac flamingo (here-£15.50). This was originally limited edition last year but is now part of the permanent collection. You can really build up this pink/coral shade but I went for one layer of this Lustre lipstick just to give a subtle coral wash. I then set the whole thing with the new Mac prep and prime fix spray in the lavender scent (here- £17). I was torn between the coconut and lavender but found the coconut one a bit sickly sweet. My previous experience with the fix spray is that I cant tell  if increase wear time but it does prevent make up looking cakey.

Hope you liked the post and please leave your current make-up recommendations below!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins