Illamasqua Gel Liner.


My staple make up is usually foundation, bold blush, brows , a nude lip and cat flick eyes. 
Dior Airflash foundation, Illamasqua loose powder, Mac Prep+Prime Highlighter pen in  'light boost',HD brows, NYC showtime mascara, Illamasqua gel liner, Fashionista blush in 'Rose Glow', Mac 'Myth' Lipstick.Necklace Nelly.com. Rings H&M.



I've always use the revlon liquid liner but recently I've noticed it fades quickly and has started to transfer to the lid creases(maybe they've changed the formulation or maybe my eye lids have changed!) I decided to try gel liner again, I tried it before but just stopped using it as I found liquid easier.
 **Links to the items are under the images:)**

Revlon Colour Stay liquid liner.

I opted for the illamasqua gel liner and the mac 210 brush. I'm a big fan of the illamasqua brand and read good reviews about the liners staying power. I also chose the mac brush for its good reviews on precision.

Mac 210 precision eye liner brush.
The liner is a thick pigmented texture and glides on. The colour intensity lasts all day however I am still have trouble with transfer to the eyelid crease. I've tried a lid primer and using mac paint pots as a base however it still transfers! I've now started contouring my eye with eye shadow so the transfer isn't noticeable.
Illasmasqua gel precision eye liner.

Another downside is you have to wash you brush after every application or it sets hard and is unworkable.

Though this sounds like a negative review it actually isn't. I love the liner and I really think the transfer is to do with the hot weather and the shape of my eyes and lids. It's long lasting and easy to apply, and when I now use liquid liner it just doesn't apply as pigmented as the gel.

What liners do people use for cat flicks?

Follow on Bloglovin
**All items bought my self & opinions are my own.**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins